Millions of people are building their business sites on WordPress, and WP-specific web designers, developers, and coders is growing to meet their needs. They are choosing to build their business around it, trusting it to continue as a solid web publishing platform into the future. It is becoming a vocation not just a publishing platform.
According to , WP is the fastest growing web publishing platform worldwide.
Do you know
- There are about 25% of the estimated percentage of all websites that run on WP as of 2011.
- 14.7% of the top million websites worldwide representing small, medium and big business that run on it.
- 72.4 million websites that host thir blogs (including both .com and self-hosted).
- There are 22% of active domains created in the USA that run on it.
- 98 number of version releases since its inception.
- 13,047,576 The number of times that its 3.3 has been downloaded. Check current download count..
- It took 2 days time for version 3.3 to reach 1 million downloads after its launch.
- It has been downloaded 65 million times since the release of version 3 in June 2010.
- The estimated number of sites that run on WP.com’s single installation of its MultiSite is 32 million.
- The number of theme switches on .com sites every week is 225,000.
- There are about 352 million of people who view over 2.5 million pages on WordPress.com every month.
- 500,000 new posts that are published every day.
- The number of different language sites are published on it are 120.
- There are 90,000 developers listed on freelancer.com alone.
- The median hourly rate of a project is $50, and the average salary for its “job” is $45,000.