Have you ever thought – Why don’t more people set goals? There are many reasons to this, some of them are listed here for you.
- A pessimistic attitude-Looking for the pitfalls rather than the possibilities.
- Fear of failure-thinking. “What if I don’t make it?”
- People feel subconsciously that if they don’t set goals they can’t fail. But they are failures nevertheless for having no goals is the sign of a failure.
- Fear of success-low self-image or fear of having to live up to their success causes some people to fear success.
- A lack of ambition-a result of our value system and lack of desire to live a fulfilled life. Our limited thinking prevents us from progress. There was a fisherman who, every time he caught a big fish,
- would throw it back into the river, keeping only the smaller ones. A man watching this unusual behavior asked the fisherman why he was doing this. The fisherman replied, “Because I have a small frying pan.” Most people never make it in life because they are carrying a small frying pan. That is limited thinking.
- A fear of rejection-worrying that, “If I don’t make it, what will other people say?”
- Procrastination-thinking “someday, I will set my goals.” This ties in with a lack of ambition.
- Low self-esteem-because a person is not internally driven and has no inspiration.
- Ignorance of the importance of goals-nobody taught them and they never learned the importance of goal setting.
- A lack of knowledge about goal-setting-people doesn’t know the mechanics of setting goals. They need a step-by-step guide so that they can follow a system.
The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. – Lloyd Jones
Do you have your life goals?